Monthly meetings are normally held in Mount Vernon, Washington at the Mount Vernon Christian School (see below for map and directions) from 6:30 to 9:30 pm on the third Thursday of each month. Members may attend via Zoom as well. The Zoom connection codes are emailed to members a day or so before the meetings.
What to expect at a typical in-person monthly meeting:
- Demonstrations – by international, national, and local woodturners.
- Club Business – a brief update on the business affairs of the club, and an overview of upcoming events.
- Creative Challenge – set by the club President each month to inspire members to create something to bring to the next meeting.
- Social – meet other local turners, and share tips and tricks over a cup of coffee and cookies.
- Library – reserve books and videos online from the extensive club library and have them brought to the meeting for you to pick up.
- Wood raffle, Show & Tell, Low prices on CA glue (super glue), end sealer, and other items at our sales booth.
What to expect at a typical online (Zoom) monthly meeting:
- All of the items as noted above, except the last three.
- The library, club store and wood raffle activities may be held at an alternate venue if in-person meetings are not possible — watch for announcements in the newsletter.
Mount Vernon Christian School – 820 W. Blackburn Rd, Mount Vernon 98273. (map)
From the North: Take Exit 226 (Kincaid St) from I-5. Turn R on Kincaid, then L on S 3rd St. Travel south on 3rd St for 1.1 mi then turn R on E Blackburn Rd. MVCS is approx 1/4 mi ahead on the L (look for blue-and-white MVCS sign and turn L immediately after sign).
From the South: Take Exit 225 (Anderson Rd). Turn L off the freeway. Take Anderson Rd over freeway and turn R on Old Hwy 99. Follow Old Hwy 99 north and turn L on Blackburn Rd. MVCS is approx 1/4 mi ahead on the L (look for blue-and-white MVCS sign and turn L immediately after sign).