Monthly meetings are normally held in Mount Vernon, Washington at the Hillcrest Park Lodge (see below for map and directions) from 6:30 to 9:30 pm on the third Thursday of each month. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, however, we now are meeting online only, via Zoom. The Zoom connection codes are emailed to members a day or so before the meetings.
What to expect at a typical in-person monthly meeting (when they resume):
- Demonstrations – by international, national, and local woodturners.
- Club Business – a brief update on the business affairs of the club, and an overview of upcoming events.
- Creative Challenge – set by the club President each month to inspire members to create something to bring to the next meeting.
- Social – meet other local turners, and share tips and tricks over a cup of coffee and cookies.
- Library – borrow books and videos from the extensive club library.
- Wood raffle, Show & Tell, Low prices on CA glue (super glue), end sealer, and other items at our sales booth.
What to expect at a typical online (Zoom) monthly meeting:
- All of the items as noted above, except the last three.
- The library, club store and wood raffle activities will take place at the Hillcrest Lodge parking lot (see driving instructions below).
Hillcrest Park Lodge – 1717 South 13th Street, Mt Vernon (map)
From the North: Take exit 226. Turn left to go under the freeway and up the hill. This is Broad Street. Continue on Broad Street to S 13th Street (which is about 5 to 6 blocks from the freeway.) Turn right (south) onto S 13th and go about 6 blocks. The park is on the right. Turn into the park. The parking lot is in front of the lodge in the northwest corner of the parking lot.
From the South: Take exit 225. Turn right off the freeway. Then take a left onto Cedardale, which is the frontage road to the freeway. Go to the stop sign. Turn right at the stop sign onto Blackburn. Go about a block and turn left (north) onto S 13th. The park entrance is on the left about a block from the intersection, just past the soccer field. The parking lot is in front of the lodge in the northwest corner of the parking lot.